Compliance with ASME codes and standards is essential for ensuring design consistency, operational efficiency, and the safety of pressure equipment, facilitating entry into the international market.
Our ASME Authorised Inspectors (AI) collaborate closely with the Authorized Inspection Agency APAVE SA, to assist your manufacturing company in achieving ASME certification for pressure equipment. We seamlessly guide you through the entire accreditation process, from the initial stages to the final inspection and joint-review, ensuring a comprehensive and authoritative approach.
- ASME section I – Power Boilers
- ASME section IV – Heating Boilers
- ASME section VIII (Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3) – Pressure Vessels
- Assistance in developing quality control manuals.
- Inspections tailored for ASME or National Board Certificate holders.
- Verification that nondestructive tests are conducted by qualified personnel.
- Visual inspection of materials.
- Scrutiny of design specifications.
- Confirmation that welding procedures and personnel qualification align with ASME codes.
What is ASME and the BPVC?
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) is a non-profit membership organization founded in 1880 by a group of industrialists. This influential engineering community has been dedicated to enhancing safety and efficiency in various industries, such as boilers, elevators, cranes, nuclear energy, pipelines, and other components. ASME has played a crucial role by publishing 600 codes and standards, covering a broad spectrum of engineered products and processes, including those applicable to boilers and pressure vessels. Recognized in over 113 countries, ASME codes and standards make certification according to ASME highly relevant for the international market.
The ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC), developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, stands as one of the oldest and most renowned regulations governing boilers and pressure vessel equipment. This code establishes comprehensive rules for the design, fabrication, and inspection of boilers, pressure vessels, and related equipment. Certification in accordance with the BPVC ensures standardized goods and systems globally, streamlining work processes. Moreover, adherence to recognized codes and regulatory standards facilitates easier access to the global market.